Each month, families who are signed up for Grace At Home will receive either an in-person or mailed delivery of a therapeutic activity for their loved one. Recently, families received the Thumball Conversation Game which is great fun for you and anyone else who may visit and interact with your loved one! We also send home a caregiver guide unique to each month’s activity which includes: the goals for the activity, how to get started, and tips on how best to use each item.
JOIN THE GRACE AT HOME FUN
Call (210) 735-5115 to sign up for Grace At Home or email Christina Avena.
Grace Place Alzheimer's Activity Centers' Closures
We appreciate your support as we work through to the COVID-19 public health emergency and the continued closure of our Grace Place Alzheimer’s Activity Centers.
With vaccines readily available, many are asking when Grace Place will re-open?
We are looking forward to re-opening Grace Place. We are working on finding new homes for Grace Place to ensure we are serving the entire community’s need. Grace Place will not open for regular daily attendance until we feel confident the community we serve will be safe for daily in-person gatherings resembling pre-pandemic conditions.
Please know that an at-home Grace Place service is in development to include assessments, activities, and caregiver support, provided by trained and qualified Grace Place staff.
In the meantime, we will continue to:
- Host a monthly support group
- Virtually meet weekly for Grace Notes, our choir for those living with Alzheimer’s and dementia and their care givers
- Provide and enhance caregiver resources and support through partnerships with the Alzheimer’s Association, UT Health, and others
- Regularly distribute activity packets for at-home activities for caregivers and their loved ones
- Identify and develop ways to serve the community until we find new homes for Grace Place
Thank you for trusting the care of your loved ones with Grace Place.
Stay up to date
To be aware of the latest news for Meals on Wheels San Antonio please join our email newsletter list by clicking the below sign up button.
You can also follow us on social media for updates.