Graceful Gatherings was created to allow caregivers and their loved ones with Alzheimer’s Disease or dementia a chance to gather with others for: socialization, peer support, caregiver education, tips and resources.
Those with dementia will participate in fun activities with trained staff while caregivers learn and discuss!
Friday, May 20, 2022 from 1 pm to 3 pm
MacArthur Park Lutheran, 2903 Nacogdoches, 78217
ADVANCE REGISTRATION REQUIRED
Call (210) 735-5115 to sign up for Graceful Gatherings or email Laura Delz. Space is limited for each of these events but wait lists are available and popular topics will be repeated! (We do ask that all who attend be fully vaccinated for the safety of everyone.)
Grace Place Alzheimer's Activity Centers' Closures
We appreciate your support as we work through to the COVID-19 public health emergency and the continued closure of our Grace Place Alzheimer’s Activity Centers.
With vaccines readily available, many are asking when Grace Place will re-open?
We are looking forward to re-opening Grace Place. We are working on finding new homes for Grace Place to ensure we are serving the entire community’s need. Grace Place will not open for regular daily attendance until we feel confident the community we serve will be safe for daily in-person gatherings resembling pre-pandemic conditions.
Please know that an at-home Grace Place service is in development to include assessments, activities, and caregiver support, provided by trained and qualified Grace Place staff.
In the meantime, we will continue to:
- Host a monthly support group
- Virtually meet weekly for Grace Notes, our choir for those living with Alzheimer’s and dementia and their care givers
- Provide and enhance caregiver resources and support through partnerships with the Alzheimer’s Association, UT Health, and others
- Regularly distribute activity packets for at-home activities for caregivers and their loved ones
- Identify and develop ways to serve the community until we find new homes for Grace Place
Thank you for trusting the care of your loved ones with Grace Place.
Stay up to date with Grace Place
To be aware of the latest news for Meals on Wheels San Antonio please join our email newsletter list by clicking the below sign up button.
You can also follow us on social media for updates.