Each month, families who are signed up for Grace At Home will receive either an in-person or mailed delivery of a therapeutic activity for their loved one. Recently, families received the Thumball Conversation Game which is great fun for you and anyone else who may visit and interact with your loved one! We also send home a caregiver guide unique to each month’s activity which includes: the goals for the activity, how to get started, and tips on how best to use each item.
JOIN THE GRACE AT HOME FUN
Call (210) 735-5115 to sign up for Grace At Home or email Donna Joyner
We appreciate your support as we work towards opening the new Grace Place at the Ed & Bobbie Masoro Alzheimer’s Center on the Meals on Wheels San Antonio Campus of Grace in 2023.
We are looking forward to re-opening Grace Place in its new home designed from the ground up to serve those living with Alzheimer’s and other dementia-related disease.
We also continue to search for additional homes for Grace Place to ensure we are serving the entire community’s need.
In the meantime, we have continued to:
- Host a monthly support group supported by our local Alzheimer’s Associations.
- Meet weekly for Grace Notes, our community singing group for those living with Alzheimer’s and dementia and their caregivers- and are once again meeting in person!
- Provide opportunities for those living with dementia to socialize while caregivers receive enhanced resources and support through partnerships with the Alzheimer’s Association, UT Health, and more through our Graceful Gatherings.
- Regularly distribute activity packets for at-home activities for caregivers and their loved ones through our Grace at Home service
- Created opportunities for families to connect in social settings with our Graceful Adventures outings to places like the Witte and Scobee Planetarium.
- Identify and develop ways to serve the community.
Stay up to date with Alzheimer's services &Grace Place centers
You can also follow us on social media for updates.